- This event has passed.
Nordic Climate Forum for Construction 2023
September 15 - 10:00 am / 10:00 pm
Join researchers, policymakers and other stakeholders from construction at the Nordic Climate Forum for Construction in Helsinki and online for a discussion of the present current movements in sustainable construction.
10:00 EEST – Official opening
10:15 EEST – Session 1: Policies for low-carbon construction
- Experiences from Nordic policies: What are the first lessons learnt from the climate declarations and limit values? Where are the countries proceeding?
- Where will the revisions of the European legislation lead? Update on the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive and Construction Products Regulation
12:00 EEST – Lunch
12:45 EEST – Session 2: Carbon budgets for buildings
- Alternative approaches to setting carbon budgets for buildings: what does the science say?
- How can the built environment support carbon neutrality?
- Can digitalisation help for keeping track of life cycle emissions?
14:45 EEST – Coffee break
15:00 – Session 3: The business of carbon-neutral construction
- What requirements does the changing legislation set for companies?
- Business cases from the Nordic countries
17:00 EEST – End of forum